This Policy is an electronic record and this electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
This Policy explains how KVM PUBLIC SCHOOL collects personal and non-personal information, classified as mandatory or voluntary and uses, discloses and protects such information through the Website/App. ‘Personal Information’ is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person (“Personal Information”). Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy shall include, but not limited to, information provided while using the Website/App, while registering on the Website/App, while communicating with KVM PUBLIC SCHOOL customer service by phone, email or otherwise, writing reviews for the content available on the Website/App etc.,that may or may not be otherwise publicly available.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that are not owned, controlled, managed or operated by the Company or to persons that the Company does do not employ, engage or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The Company collects and stores Personal Information when You use and/or register with the Company on the Website/App and when You use the Services.
When You register on the Website/App, the Company may ask for information which is mandatory such as Your name, address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card information, business information, franchise and other licence information and other financial information, and certain other information which is optional. Wherever possible, the website/app indicates which information is mandatory and which information is optional for You to share with the Company. Once You register on the Website/App and log in to use its Services, You are not anonymous to the Company.
The Company may use Your information for the following general purposes:
• to contact You
• to facilitate availing and provision of specialised services/ products, expert advice, professional consulting etc. by You through the Company or its associates
• to administer the Company’s business and Website/App
• to send invoices, statements, agreements and/or to collect payment from You.
• to send You marketing related communications
• to deal with enquiries and complaints raised by You and to troubleshoot problems
• to prevent the Website/App from fraud, errors or any illegal activity
• to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and to ensure safety of the Website/App and all Users
• to send You important information regarding the Website/App, changes to Website/App terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information
• to personalize Your experience on the Website/App and the Company’s other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to You
• to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law
• to carry out market research and users’ interest; and
• to customise Your experience of use of the Website/App.
If You post any messages or leave any feedback on the Website/App, the Company may use such information for dispute resolution, troubleshooting problems and provide customer support.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Some of the pages on the Website/App are freely accessible by all Users and require no prior registration. Further, certain other pages on the Website/App can be accessed by Users only after entering in their details, username and password and/or after making the requisite payment mandated by the Company. Therefore, the Company requests You to use a safe and secure server to access the Website/App to ensure the safety of Your username, password, and other information. The Company does do not guarantee any security or privacy of any information which may be available to all Users and visitors of the Website/App publicly. Further, the Website/App may contain links to other websites. Please note that the Company does not endorse any links or websites and are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third party websites.
The Company does not rent, sell, disclose or share Personal Information about You with other people or non-affiliated companies. However, You agree that the Company may disclose Your Personal Information under the following circumstances.
• Third party service providers: the Company employs or might, as per requirement and business needs of the Company, employ, engage, contract with third-party service providers to work on behalf of or with the Company, under agreements containing confidentiality obligations and in accordance with law, in relation to the Services provided on the Website/App. These third-party service providers may use Your Personal Information in assisting the Company to communicate with You about Website/App offers, providing customer support, assisting in advertising on the Website/App, etc. Such third-party service providers do not have any independent right to the information provided by the Company to them.
• Business transfer and Mergers: The Company may transfer Your Personal Information if the Company, is acquired by or merged with another company, to the extent permitted by applicable law and/or required under the scheme/arrangement of merger, etc.
• With your consent: in addition to the aforementioned circumstances, the Company may share Your Personal Information with third parties with Your prior consent and/or at your request.
ACCESSING YOUR OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever You access the Website/App, the Company aims to provide You with Your Personal Information stored with it. That information may be required to be updated from time to time. Therefore, the Company also strives to give You ways to quickly update any of Your Personal Information. When updating Your Personal Information, the Company may ask You to verify Your identity before we act on your request.
The Company may place text files in the browser files of Your computer system. A cookie itself does not contain Personal Information and it will only enable the Company to relate Your use of the Website/App and/or Services and Your behaviour on the Website/App, to information that You have specifically and knowingly provided. The only Personal Information that a cookie can contain is the information You yourself supply to the cookie. A cookie can’t read data off Your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites.